The United Way Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo brings together companies and individuals to improve lives and build community capacity by mobilizing collective action and generating opportunities
to make a bigger impact. Young professionals from across our region between the ages of 20 to 35 support our mission by volunteering
their time and talent as members of United Way’s GenNext
committee. These change-makers will inspire the next generation
of community leaders.
Benefits Of GenNext
- No cost the GenNext program is 100% free!
- Mentorship from well established, influential and successful
- Networking opportunities with other young like-minded professionals
from across the region.
- Make a difference in the region by creating social impact projects.
Plan and execute a project from start to finish.
- Learn to fundraise effectively. Take the fear out of fundraising. Raise funds for a purpose, knowing how to ask and develop
- a business case for giving.
- Develop and practice leadership skills in a safe, learner-centered setting. Use these new skills at work to advance your career.
- Create a deeper connection to your community
- Get access to exclusive news, events and opportunities in the community.
For the Workplance
- Invest in young professionals by preparing them for leadership
roleswithin the organization.
- Better employe Employee retention and loyalty when you believe
in building skills and talents.
- Demonstrate a Commitment to the community by supporting social impact projects.
- Run a well informed workplace campaign with an in-house champion.
For the Community
- Inspire multi-generational giving. Increased funds received in the
annual campaign to support local social profit agencies.
- Prepare the next generation of Professional,
competent board members.
- Generate sustainable social impact changes based on the next-generation thinking.